From Making a Murderer Wiki
Site administrator: [email protected]
- Feb 16: The Phone records and Timeline articles have been expanded!
- Feb 07: Was there ever a bonfire on October 31? No one mentioned one in their initial interviews.
- Feb 05: Expansion of Blaine Dassey to include summary of his Avery trial testimony.
- Feb 02: Many new documents have been received and uploaded online. Discussion about the new documents
Persons of interest
See main article: List of persons of interest.
Suspects and victims
- Steven Avery – Defendant, wrongfully convicted of raping Penny Beerntsen in 1985, convicted of killing Teresa Halbach in 2005
- Brendan Dassey – Defendant, Steven's nephew, convicted of assisting in Teresa's murder
- Teresa Halbach – Murder victim, 2005 trial
- Penny Beerntsen – Sexual assault and attempted murder victim, 1985 trial
- Gregory Allen – Penny's actual rapist
- Dean Strang – Steven's lawyer, 2005 trial
- Jerry Buting – Steven's lawyer, 2005 trial
- Ken Kratz – Special prosecutor, Calumet County District Attorney
- James Lenk – Lieutenant, Manitowoc County Sheriff's Department
- Andrew Colborn – Sergeant, Manitowoc County Sheriff's Department
- Mark Wiegert – Sergeant, Calumet County Sheriff's Department
- Tom Fassbender – Special Agent, Wisconsin Department of Justice, Division of Criminal Investigation
- Timeline of Stephen Avery's 2005 arrest.
- Avery trial timeline
- See also the documentary timeline regarding the release of Making a Murderer and key developments since its release.
- Timeline of the 2003 Wisconsin DOJ Investigation
- Graphical timeline 
- October 31, 2005 Timeline,
- November 3, 2005 Timeline,
- November 4, 2005 Timeline,
- November 5, 2005 Timeline,
- November 6, 2005 Timeline,
- List of trial exhibits -- this is a description of each Exhibit
- Online copies of the Exhibits -- These are the exhibits available online.
- Steven Avery Complete 2007 Trial Transcripts
- Brendan Dassey Complete 2007 Trial Transcripts
- Photos used the the trials
- Documents in the Avery and Dassey Cases as compiled by PonchoTheCat
- Map of the various addresses
See main article: List of physical evidence.
Several notable pieces of evidence include:
- Teresa's RAV4, in particular its key and the blood of both Steven and Teresa found inside
- The bones found at three locations: Steven's Burn pit, the Burn barrel(s), and the nearby Quarry
- The Bullet found in Steven's garage
- Various Phone records also exist, and there remains considerable speculation around Teresa's voicemail as well as Colborn's license plate call
- Court documents also exist detailing various DNA samples reported on in the trial